CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Soon to be Missionary

We are finishing the process for submitting Alex's mission papers. He needs to have an interview with the Bishop and then the Stake President - then we wait! Which picture do you think we should send in with his forms:


Picture 1







Picture 2


Leave a comment!
Who wants to be notified when the call comes?

Here is what President Henry B. Eyring said about the inspiration of each mission call:
“I have had [many] experiences feeling of the Holy Ghost…But I’ve never felt what I have felt as I have…participated in the assigning of missionaries…Because of technology, it is possible for us to have your picture and the information about you displayed. And then quickly, on that same screen, all the missions of the Church with all of their needs are displayed. Within minutes, and sometimes less than a minute, the impression comes so powerfully that it would be, if it were a single instance, something that you would never forget. Can you imagine sitting there for hours at a time, having that happen time after time without interruption? I testify to you that it is real…[The Lord] somehow not only knows you but loves you enough to ensure that your call is where He needs you to go to teach the children of our Heavenly Father.” (Pres. Henry B. Eyring, “Called of God,” address delivered at the Missionary Training Center, Aug. 26, 1997).

1 comments:

Pay Family

I like how Alex looks in picture 1 better but the background is to dark so you should send picture 2.
I also better be notified when the call comes. And I'm so happy he finally let you cut his hair! It was way to long before! We love you!

Post a Comment