It seems I have been very busy lately. I have been working to finish a couple of my independent study classes - Biology and Church History. I received an A- in Biology - much better than I did when I was younger and I'm waiting on my final for Church History, but I will probably receive a B+. I am currently beginning a College Algebra class and an American Heritage class. Meanwhile, I have put them on hold for a couple of weeks while I try to get the provisions off my license so I can substitute teach in White Pine County again. I have 2 tests on Tuesday for US Consititution and Nevada Constitution and the following Saturday I have to take the Praxis (General Knowlege -hopefully) then the following week I have to take a week long class for Nevada School Law, if all goes well I can get my license sometime in February. So as you can see my time is filled with review.
The holidays have also been busy. Thanksgiving was filled with family and Christmas was shared with Melanie and family. We also had the privilege of talking to Alex on Christmas Day. He was allowed to use Skype to call us, so we were able to see him as well as talk to him, it was great! Melanie's family was here all week and we had a lot of fun. Christmas Eve we combined with our friends the Briggs' and went caroling at the Care Center and the Hospital, it was great to see spirits lifted through the music of the holidays.

First moments of Christmas!
Aaryn wasn't sure about his toys, so Jayden decided to check them out!
Aaryn & Jayden loved the wagon Grandma and Grandpa bought for them! They kept Grandpa busy for an hour pulling them around the house.
Aaryn loved eating the snow!
Spencer pulling Jayden on the sled - Fun in the Snow!
Aaryn helping himself to dinner leftovers.
Oh and I can't forget our trip to Rexburg for graduation. Chelsea and Zac received their Bachelors! This is an amazing feat! I am proud of Chelsea for perservering and finishing even while having a baby during her last semester. Elder Scott was the guest speaker and had great advice for all of us, if I can find my notes, I'll pass on some of the info.
So life is full and we are happy. Our life is like a Roller Coaster, some ups and some downs, but through it all we are grateful to have each other. So as 2009 comes to a close we wish everyone a Happy New Year and pray 2010 will bring lots of blessings, but no matter what the challenges are we pray you will have peace in your heart and know that all these things will be for our good, if only we rely upon the Lord.

0 comments:
Post a Comment