CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spring brings 2 new babies

Baby #1
Dylan Lamar Pay was born on February 16th - 1 month early and he ended up spending about 3 weeks in the hospital before he was strong enough to come home.  Melanie has her hands full with 4 young children and I enjoyed spending two weeks caring for 3 of them.  Bryton became my buddy and Aaryn decided I was tolerable.  Jayden, well he is growing so fast and thinks he knows alot.  One day I was going to give him a ride to school, but didn't want to dress for the day until I took a shower, so I was going to do what I often do - drive him to school with my robe on.  (Nick saved the day and decided to drop him off.)  I went to pick him up at noon and overheard him telling his teacher - "My grandma was going to drive me to school this morning in her towel."  I was horrified - she said don't worry I don't believe most of what kindergarteners say.  Apparently his mom never wears a robe.

5 lb 3 oz   17.25 inches
Mommy and baby - Gives you an idea of how tiny he was.




Jayden reading us a book online.




Baby #2
Wesley Russell Barrus was born on April 9th.  He weighed in at a meager 6 lb 11 oz and 19 1/2 inches long.  Chelsea was grateful for a smaller baby and a fairly easy delivery.  The Barrus' journeyed to Denver the first week and I had to wait until I wrapped up some things at home, so Wesley was 2 weeks old when I got to hold him and love on him.  He is a good baby who enjoys sleeping (Gavin is still struggling to figure that part out).  I spent lots of time with Gavin - he preferred we spend all the time ("in my room" with the door closed).  Gavin really loves the Avenger characters as well as Green Lantern.  He has many of the toys and even an avenger mask.  He talks really well and is alot of fun to be with.  We had a great time playing, shopping, and taking care of baby Wesley. 



Found a hat to match his shirt while we were at Walmart
Taking picture with Hulk


Playing with Grandma's phone - Gavin wanted to play all the time.





1 comments:

Heidi

Congratulations, Grandma!!!

Post a Comment